Sunday, March 20, 2011

week 4 reflection

I can't believe this course is wrapping up! I am confident in the plan I have and think it will be a useful process to go through. I am taking the next step next week in implementing some of my action items, as I describe below in my summary of my meeting with my site mentor.

I met with my site mentor in his office on Friday March 11, 2011 at 10:30am before we left for spring break. I printed off copies of my Action Research Plan for us to review. He thought my plan looked great and was anxious to get started. One of early action items is to attend an ARD meeting so he pulled up his calendar and put me on the schedule to attend an ARD the week we come back from spring break. We agreed on the timeline I had proposed, with the intention of implementing the professional development course during staff development days in August. Chris also wanted to add one item to my plan. He is working on scheduling classroom walk-throughs so we can observe and video current instructional practices. I intend to adjust my plan accordingly. We had a great meeting and are both excited about the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment